Share-worthy Food Quotes
Food quotes are as old as the civilization itself. Eating food is a primary aspect of human living. An essential act of every day is nurturing and growing. Food quotes are shared experiences and humble opinions that resonate beyond food and ingredients. Here are the list of Food quotes, Dessert quotes, Cooking quotes, Vegetable quotes and Garden quotes to think about and ponder around.
Table of Contents
Food quotes are a popular way to socialize or ice breaking exercise in informal gatherings. It just makes you ponder about the food and what it means beyond eating food. Food quotes tend to relate food to happiness, satisfaction that we can get and that we should savor the moment in life. Here are the food quotes from Virginia Woolf, Oscar Wilde, Jess C Scott and Ruth Reichl.
1. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
2. After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.
3. There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
4. Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.
5. A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement.
Jess C Scott
Dessert Quotes are about cookies, desserts and how people love to eat and savor the desserts. Of all the food quotes, dessert quotes tends to be the best way to describe the happiness we get from food items. Here are some dessert quotes from Barbara Johnson, Ernestine Ulmer and some unknown origin dessert quotes to think about desserts and how they are connected to love and happiness in life.
1. Cookies are made of butter and love.
2. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
3. Always save room for dessert.
4. Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
5. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy dessert and that’s kind of the same thing.
6. Desserts are edible love.
7. Happiness is knowing there is dessert in the fridge.
More than food, cooking is the art and science of making food. Cooking is more than following the recipe to make food. It's about savoring the moment in preparing the food. Here are the popular cooking quotes from Thomas Keller, Ranveer Brar and legendary chef Gordon Ramsay.
1. A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe.
2. Real cooking is more about following your heart than following recipes.
3. So when people ask me, ‘What do you think of Michelin?’ I don’t cook for guides. I cook for customers.
4. Cooking is an expression that crosses boundaries.
5. Food was a labor of love you felt by cooking it and eating it.
George Tillman Jr.
Vegetable quotes are more related to Garden quotes than food quotes. Nevertheless they are ingredients essential for preparing the food. Vegetable quotes from Doug Larson, Dan Brown, Caitlyn Doughty and James Beard are listed below explaining the joy of growing, preparing and eating vegetables.
1. Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.
2. I'm trying to write books that taste like ice cream but have the nutrition of vegetables.
3. Accepting your own mortality is like eating your vegetables: You may not want to do it, but it's good for you.
4. If you have never tasted a braised vegetable, you'll find it is a revelation.
5. He who has never envied the vegetable has missed the human drama.
Garden quotes are a subject of its own in describing the joy and happiness in tending the plants, sprouts and trees in the garden. It's said the gardeners live in their own life tending the herd and enjoy the process of watching the plant grow and bloom. Here are the garden quotes from Marcus Cicero, Pable Neruda, Caecilius Statius about gardens that are worth sharing.
1. If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years.
3. All gardeners know better than other gardeners.
4. You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.
5. He plants trees to benefit another generation.